Make a difference to today’s world. Join WWF.
The Project Assistant offers support to the administrative management of the above-mentioned project, assists the implementation of all the activities within the project and supports project planning and communication with project partners.
Your duties will include:
- Assist the Project Manager and the project team – organize events (meetings, consultations, working groups, trainings and workshops) that are listed in the project proposal; develop and send invitations, participate to meetings, take care of the bookings, arrange transports if needed and manage the financials related; develop and maintain a database of stakeholders with their contact details; make travel bookings;
- Monitor budget and help ensure resources are used efficiently;
- Prepare financial and technical reports to the donors in cooperation with the Project Manager and the Admin & Finance Team;
- Undertake the administrative and financial work of the project; develop draft agreements and keep their accounts, take care of the purchases stipulated in the project proposal; fill-in cover-sheets and manage invoices; ask for advance payments for travel expenses; carry out the administrative and basic financial records of the project.
- Ensure the secretariat of the projects, circulate and develop the required documentations, register documents, submit documents to the authorities and ensure the communication flow within the project team and with the rest of the WWF Romania team; is in charge with writing the minutes and other documents related to the meetings and share them with the participants.
- Participate in meetings, seminars and workshops organized by WWF, partners or other organizations, when needed or decided by the Project Manager or according to the project activities;
- Assist Project team in Romania in various administrative tasks (printing, preparing brochures, etc.) as needed;
- Work in close collaboration with WWF CEE RO and the three project partners’ administrative staff in order to follow the internal administrative procedures. Maintain communication with project partners, informing on scheduled project events and jointly planning them accordingly.
- Adheres to the WWF mission, as well as LIVES the WWF Values: Strive for Impact, Listen Deeply, Collaborate Openly, Innovate Fearlessly
- University studies: Bachelor’s degree in ecology, biology, forestry or related environmental science
- Good command of written and spoken English language.
- Work experience of minimum 3 years, ideally in administrative / procurement / finance
- Experience in Project Assistance and project implementation. Proven experience in the field of Nature Conservation is an advantage
- Ambition, energy and drive, with a commitment to making a difference;
- A team player, committed to building a strong team and sharing success with colleagues;
- Commitment to WWF’s mission and priorities;
- Ability to work in an international environment and within a multi-cultural team;
- Ability to meet deadlines;
- Solution oriented person;
- Ability to put ideas in practice – proactivity;
- Coordination capabilities;
- Communication skills - to be able to establish and maintain a strong network of experts and to engage them in the conservation work WWF Romania is undertaking in the region
- The opportunity to make a difference – for Romania Maramures Branch and for WWF
- Challenging and fulfilling work in one of Europe’s most exciting eco-regions
- Friendly and highly professional working atmosphere in an international context
- Varying tasks and independent work style
- A pleasant working atmosphere and great learning environment
If you are interested in joining the global WWF team, email your application documents including your CV and cover letter (in English) to [email protected]. Application deadline: 5thof February 2020. Please understand that we can only reply to short-listed candidates.