Make a difference to today’s world. Join WWF now!
WWF-Romania is seeking to recruit a dynamic and enthusiastic
(full time, based in Bucharest)
The Office Assistant contributes to the WWF mission in general and to the WWF DCP Romania annual objectives through effective coordination of office status and duly prepared events for staff.
The Office Assistant will report directly to the Office Manager and will be based in Bucharest.
Your duties will include:
- Managing the reception function of the Association: answering and directing calls; greeting visitors; sorting and distributing incoming mail and faxes; dispatching outgoing mail.
- Maintain the documents entry database for the Association.
- Maintain the database for the IT hardware and software in the Association.
- Assist the Office Manager in: maintenance of equipment, office security, supplies shopping and overall condition of the office.
- Develop and maintain up-to-date database of preferred and non-approved suppliers, services providers, office assets.
- Participate to the physical inventories together with the F&A Officers and reconciles the results to the fixed assets register.
- Assist the Office Manager in implementation and monitoring of IT policies.
- Assist the Office Manager in the development and operation of a system for dealing with the day-to-day running of the Bucharest office, including ensuring office security, cleaning services, maintenance, purchase of consumables and other office supplies, courier and other communications services, management of the rent contract, mobile phones and landline services
- Assist with filling in flight report for WWF CEE RO.
- Support the colleagues with travel reservations (flights, accommodations, trains etc.).
- Support F&A colleagues with printing/scanning of documents needed for project reporting.
Procurement of goods and services:
- Prepare/append proper supporting documents duly approved for procurement of assets and supplies following procedures laid down by WWF CEE and in accordance with Romanian law.
- Initiate IT hardware purchases after consulting with the Office Manager.
- Initiate any procurement of goods or services for the day to day running of the office.
- Any other duties that may be deemed appropriate to this role.
We expect from you:
- Adheres to the WWF mission, and LIVES according to the WWF Values: Strive for Impact, Listen Deeply, Collaborate Openly, Innovate Fearlessly;
Knowledge: Bachelor’s degree in Administration or related fields
Experience: One year of similar experience in an international environment preferably
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to take initiative, prioritize, complete work with minimal supervision
- Good interpersonal skills
- Experience with the usual Microsoft Office tools, particularly Word and Excel
- A very good level of written and spoken English.
- The opportunity to make a difference – for WWF CEE and WWF Romania
- Challenging and fulfilling work in one of Europe’s most exciting eco-regions
- Friendly and highly professional working atmosphere in an international context
- Varying tasks and independent work style
- A pleasant working atmosphere and great learning environment
If you are interested in joining the global WWF team, email your application documents including your CV and cover letter (in English) to [email protected]. Application deadline: 24th of February 2020. Please understand that we can only reply to short-listed candidates.